Monday, May 09, 2005

Finding Courage

Where has the time gone? Usually, when I'm waiting, watching for something to happen time moves so slowly. Anticipation is the sticky substance that makes the moments creep sluggishly. But not this time. It's flying by far too quickly and I seem to be running out of moments. There are so many decisions to be made and I have been so fearful to make them. I think that is why things are speeding by me. Fear. I feel paralyzed. I am so envious when I hear other women making hard decisions and confronting issues with courage and confidence. I tend to run screaming in the opposite direction when I need to face the hard stuff. What am I afraid of? I suppose rejection, someone's angry words, hurt feelings, being vulnerable. Fear is something that I am going to have to give over to God in order to prevent Satan from using it as a weapon against me. I know that fear stops me from being what I could be in Christ and allows me to hide from confrontation and change. Fear is me holding on to the reigns and not letting go...letting God.

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." ~ Romans 8:15

I don't want to be a slave to fear any longer. I'm not exactly sure where to start. I'm a bit fearful, to be perfectly honest. I know I have to face things head-on and just trust in the power of God to protect me, uphold me and give me the courage I need. As a true daughter of the King of Kings, I must hold my head high and be fearless. Call me Becky the Bold in Christ!

5 Comments:

Blogger pete porter said...

Becky the Bold,
I think you have found the answer. Talk bold, and you will be bold. Talk your faith and you will leave fear behind. You Go Girl.
Be Blessed,
Pete

6:49 p.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Amen sis! I'm back! YOU ARE BRAVE! And pete is right, you got it! I think that you have faced much that would have sent me into "the great depression". The Lord has gifted each of us with areas of boldness and weakness. I can be very confrontational and that is why I deal with things that I deal with--not very good either. I think that the Spirit of the Lord will guide you like you said.

10:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A NOTE FROM CAROLE...TO THE "DAUGHTER OF THE KING OF KINGS"..JUST LIKE A CHILD RUNS TO HER FATHER OR MOTHER FOR PROTECTION AND SECURITY, SO TOO , IS OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. WHATS SO COOL !!!! ABOUT HOLDING ON TO OUR LORD,IS THAT WE DON`T EVER HAVE TO KNOW HOW HE WILL PROVIDE COMFORT OR PROTECTION.ALL WE REALLY NEED TO KNOW IS THAT HE ALWAYS WILL DO WHAT IS THE VERY BEST FOR US.HE SEES THE BIG PICTURE ALL THE TIME. AND THAT WHAT IS SO HARD FOR US . LETTING GO AND LETTING GOD...THAT WHERE IT`S AT BECKY. AS A FRIEND OF YOURS FOR 15 YEARS, I HAVE WITNESSED MOST CHAPTERS OF YOUR LIFE./BECKS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU MORE BEAUTIFUL , THAN FOLLOWING YOUR JOURNAL THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME. YOU AMAZE ME, BECAUSE YOU ARE SO TRUTHFUL AND TRANSPARENT . BECAUSE OF THIS REAL-NESS, I AM SURE GOD IS TAKING YOU TO A HIGHER PLACE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. GO FOR THE CLIMB BECKS AND YOU WILL INSPIRE THOUSANDS... YOU INSPIRE ME LIKE NO OTHER FRIEND I KNOW.. I`M PRAYING YOU TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN AND IF YOU EVER TURN AROUND TO GIVE UP THERE ARE LOYAL 'BLOGGERS' THAT WILL BE PRAYING WITH ME.GOT A SONG FOR YOU BECKS.."MY LORD KNOWS THE WAY THROUGH THE WILDERNESS, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TO FOLLOW".. I KNOW YOU ARE SMILING...LOVYATONS!!

10:50 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm praying God's protection for you, as I know the enemy strikes hardest when we are doing God's will. He hit me like a 2-ton boulder last week! It's like he just got Road Runner and found out all of us are spreading the gospel all over cyberspace. You just keep right on doing what you've been doing, and God will see you through!

1:43 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

We must be on the same wavelength...I have been thinking along these lines also this week. Freaky. Is that a God theme?

6:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home