Monday, May 02, 2005

Faith Without Sight

Well, this is it. I believe I have come to the fork in the road and decisions will be made soon that will determine if I turn left or right, or carry on forward. As I stand at the center of the crossroads, my eyes are looking, searching the horizon before me, beside me, watching and waiting for directions. "I don't know which way to go Lord!" I find myself asking Him a thousand times over in a single day, "what should I do and what's going to happen to us?" And no answer comes; just vague feelings that I must not sway from the straight course. An idea that I have been put on this road to walk it to the end and I must not veer, not even now as I stand here with a chance to turn. Perhaps another chance won't come along for a long time. But promises were made. Vows were said. Others are watching to see what I do. God has spoken. "I want to do something wonderful for you. I will bless you if you stay the course. Don't give up. Don't look to the right or to the left. You are not walking this road alone. Have faith. You don't need to see the plan. You don't even need to see the road. Just close your eyes, take hold of My hand. One step forward. Then another. Then another. Trust me," He whispers so close in my ear I feel my hair stand up on the back of my neck. "Just...Trust...Me." And so, my eyes close shut. I take a deep breath and I slowly lift my foot off the ground. I put it down in front of me. And I lift it again. I squeeze the hand. I put my foot down in front of me. Am I moving? I am walking forward? Did we turn left or turn right? "Just trust me," the whisper comes to me. And I lift my foot again.

5 Comments:

Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

The unknown! What a terrifying room to walk into. What will greet me on the other side of the door? Please take heart, dear friend! The Man of Sorrows has been there and He longs to take you through to the other side. Cast EVERYTHING on Him. Rest in His everlasting arms. Worry not about what others will think. Only concern yourself with Him. Hear His loving voice inviting you to "come".

8:56 p.m.  
Blogger Timothy Thompson said...

Becky, I don't have any great words of wisdom that you haven't already written. The clarity of our thoughts often get pulled to and fro by the depth of our emotions and you have shared yourself with us so much that you are truly like a sister.

So just keep trusting, and believing and know that all things will work out according to His will for you. Hug your son and know that the Father hugs you, too.

10:31 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, I continue to pray for you. Keep firmly fastened to Him each step of the way. {{hugs}}

11:43 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

WOW! I am amazed again at your faithfulness, and your willingness to trust and obey.

5:39 a.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

i'm just adding my prayers to the list ... wonderful words from you ... and those that have commented ... Jesus loves you more than anyone has ever loved you ... ((hugs))

8:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home