Tuesday, May 03, 2005

He Noticed Me

I don't know how they do it! Those in this world who don't have Christ to lean on. Those in this world who don't have the love and prayers from strangers as I have, lifting them up before God. How do they get up when life knocks them down without the help of the Holy Spirit? How do they lift their weary heads when sadness and hurt bends them to the ground? Who quenches their thirst? Who holds them close and tells them that they don't have to worry, fret, wonder because their loving Father has all the answers and is directing their future?

I feel so fortunate, so unworthy, so very, very thankful to have God's love and your prayers during this journey. I have been referring to it as my sorrow, my sadness, my heartache, my storm. I see now that I must call this time my testing, my sharpening, part of my journey towards becoming more like my Jesus. Because of Christ, I can truly bow my head and whisper through the tears, "thank you, thank you, thank you Lord. You have chosen me as your own. You have called me to a higher purpose. You have noticed me. Let me say that last one again. You have noticed me!" Isn't that an astounding thought? The same God who knows the stars by name and hung the planets in the sky, noticed me. And He noticed you. And He holds all the keys to my life and He alone knows what to do, when to do it, when to hold back. And He holds all the keys to your life. And we are so blessed. We are so incredibly blessed. We are not alone. Praise God. We are not on this journey alone!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

"What is man that Thou art mindful of him?" Oh, Becky! I rejoice over your testimony. I don't know how they do it either. But praise God we don't have to!

6:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,
I'm glad that God helps you get through life. "They" do it through loving friends and family. Everyone has their own way of muddling through.

7:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have many times thought the same thing. I would imagine (and this is just my own random thoughts here!) that just as God, in His grace, has allowed the unsaved to enjoy many of His blessings (such as the beauty of the earth, love, happiness, family etc), He bestows coping abilities to them as well.

Does that make sense?

There are godly *priciples* by which all people live by, whether they are are aware of it or not.

8:21 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Anonymous ~ Thank you so much for visiting and sharing. Of course, you're right. All of this would be so much harder if I wasn't blessed to have family and friends. I think the difference is, they can let us down. God is there even when we are all alone. He's there when our friends and family disappoint us. When they can't understand. When they don't know. Jesus knows. Jesus understands. Jesus never, ever fails us. Please come back and always feel free to comment! Have an awesome Wednesday!

Gayla ~ That's good insight. I agree. If God didn't step in and help the sinner, how would they ever understand and feel their need for God? I believe that God does help those who don't know Him. But I think it is because He is reaching out to them to draw them to Him. Does that make sense? When God touches me, it's because I'm His child and I feel His love and strength pour into me and it gives me such courage to face another day. I wish everyone who is hurting could know that same comfort and hope. There are so many in this world who have no hope and their only answer when faced with sorrow and disillusionment is to stop living.

10:41 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: You keep outdoing yourself! What an excellent piece of honest, gut-wrenching, transparent journalism. I'm not sure what the battle is that you're going through but I have an idea. That doesn't matter! As you said, God NOTICES you and "He will perfect that which concerns you". Keep lifting your eyes to Jesus! Without Him we can do nothing. With Him we can and will do valiantly.

6:55 p.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

you do write poetically Becky ... we feel, see, and somehow touch your heart as you share with us ...

lately my motto has been "All for a reason ... only for a Season" ... seems to help me through some of life's challenges!

may the Lord shelter and bless you ...

8:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home