Friday, May 06, 2005

What's Gotten Into Me?

I have known such peace for the last few days, even though things are tougher than ever, that I'm just not sure what's gotten into me! Well, okay, I guess I do know. I've been asking the Holy Spirit to fill me with His presence. I've asked Him to wash over me, a flood of peace in a desert of doubt and uncertainty. And He has done just that. There is a quietness and tranquility of spirit that I have not known over these seemingly unremitting days of sadness. Can it be that I have truly come to rest in God's promises? I dare not become slack in diligent prayer, but must continue to ask Him to cover me with His hand and lead me along in this journey. Not that He needs me to guide His steps, but rather that I need to continue to communicate my needs so that I can lay the burden down and also see His answers to my prayers. He has become everything to me. And for that statement alone, I would not trade this difficult crossing from a humdrum faith to a life totally dependent on God, for anything in this world. I am so very blessed that He has seen fit to love me this much.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: I pray that this attitude and lifestyle of total dependence on God will NOT be interrupted by anything...not anything! Keep under His quilt of love, grace, mercy and forgiveness. There is safety in His embrace. Keep sharing your thoughts. They bring hope and encouragement to others! Praying for you, David.

3:50 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Hallelujah!!! Stay right there...don't move from Him one inch! I continue to pray....
Blessings today...

7:36 a.m.  
Blogger Saija said...

your peace, despite your problems, comes through loud and clear ... and DOES encourage this reader ... Lord continue to keep you close ...

8:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home