Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Where Did The Year Go?

My sweet little baby, who it seems just yesterday was 6 lbs. and lying in my arms for the first time, is now 1 years old as of yesterday. How can this be? Where did the year go? So much has happened since he came into my life, good and bad. But tonight, I want to celebrate the wonder of who he is. My son...always smiling, laughing easily at family and strangers. He is walking as of Friday and he seems to learn something new and wondrous every day. He nods his head yes in slow motion, like he is bowing. It cracks me up everytime. He gives me a 'high five' and then claps for himself as if he is so impressed with his clever trick. He gives me big, open mouth kisses that always make us both break out laughing. I sing him Itsy Bitsy Spider and he claps when I say, "give mommy a big hand." When I say 'thank you', he says, "ta too". He reminds me every day that God still loves me. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will not think about the hardship. I will not let the tears of sorrow fall. Instead, I will thank my Lord for my amazing son and then hand him back to Jesus!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet son, Becky! He is so precious! My son will be 23 next month and I am always asking myself where has the time gone...enjoy every minute because it does go by way to fast!

10:29 p.m.  
Blogger Timothy Thompson said...

Happy Birthday to your son, also. What precious bundles of joy they are. Though it is many years since my own children were young, I greatly enjoy my grandson who was two in January. And I'll be seeing him this weekend.

I love your descriptions of what he does. It must bring you great joy and happiness, even in those times when he might be a bit cranky.

God bless you both.

10:37 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Happy Birthday Little Becky Jnr...

I hope you both had a pleasant 1 year old birthday.

My own son turns one on Saturday also.

Wonder years! :-)

3:12 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, little guy! I'm so glad God gave you to your mommy. You bring her smiles of joy every day. And us too!

5:50 a.m.  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Praise God for His love, His grace and His mercy. He gives so generously. Enjoy that little one especially.

7:58 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Treasure every moment and always remember that God loves him more than you do. Keep smiling, he is there to remind you of God's great love!

10:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home