Friday, April 08, 2005

The Well Is Dry

(This was to be posted last night but I ran into Blogger trouble)

It’s tough to get back in the writing groove when you’ve been AWOL for a while. My brain is dead and the well is dry. I think it’s because nothing is happening in my life right now, good or bad and I feel stagnant. Stagnant…just the word conjures up images of slimy, ooey, gooey, slow-moving sludge. And that’s exactly how I feel right now. Especially the slow-moving sludge. It strikes me tonight that God and I have two very different clocks. His moves with an eternal tick, mine with a temporary tock. My lifetime is but an hour in His time. To me, an hour is a lifetime. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will once again, ask Him for a miracle in my life. And if I must move to His tick (and I’m sure I do) than I will ask Him to give me the patience to endure and persevere. And I will wait. And I will wait. But please Lord, consider my clock and how it ticks and tocks and answer my prayers soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger rev-ed said...

It's amazing how much this post reminds me of the Psalms. God was watching over David. He's watching over you too.

12:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home