Sunday, April 10, 2005

His Strength Is Made Perfect In Weakness

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong" (2 Cor. 12:10).

In other words ~ "So, I will find satisfaction, contentment, joy and even bliss in my weakness, my accusations, my obligations, my harassment, my anguish and grief for the cause of Christ: for when I have nothing left to give, when I am emptied out and completely without strength, that is when I truly have it all."

It's a bit of a hard concept to grasp...when I have nothing left, I have everything I need. I believe it's because that is when Christ can step in and truly work in us and through us and for us. When I quit dipping into my own limited resources and tap into His endless supply I will find peace, hope, fulfillment and all the strength I could ever possibly need to get through this current struggle. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will ask my Lord to empty me out of whatever it is I am using to power myself and fill me up with His presence and might. I will ask Him to help me give it all to Him and then trust Him to steer me in the storm, down the rough and tumble trail, over the mountains and through the valleys, across the wide and treacherous rivers to the place He wants me to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

Amen sis, how's the school thing going?

10:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bang On Sister! This is a daily struggle for many of us. We are raised to be independent, strong, and self-oriented. It is such a hard concept to get through our heads that God is bigger than anything we come across in life, and we are much more maliable when we cast off the cloths of indepence, internal strength, and selfishness. For me - I need to remind myself on one word - Pride. Pride is generally the basis of all of that wrong stuff. But, now I feel like I'm potentially opening up a can of worms, and a whole new topic. I'll sign off now, before this 25 cent call gets cut off. Love ya, :-)LJ

11:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home