Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Lying On Life's Highway

I told a friend yesterday that at one point during this physical ordeal, I said, "I feel as if I'm lying on life's highway, and someone said, 'Hey, look at her, she's already down. Let's go kick her!'" Now that is truly a pity party gone wild if I ever heard one. Granted, I had a high fever at the time and was having my fourth intervenous, so...I'm gonna cut myself a bit of slack here. However, now that the mind is clearing and the pain is gone, I must ask my Father to forgive me...again. I want so bad to be one of those women who rise above every circumstance with grace and faith still strong. Instead, when things get tough, I feel abandoned by God, faith nearly forgotten, grace lost somewhere in the kleenex and baggy pj's and retching. When I read the words of those hero's in scripture who suffered for Christ with such strength and bravery and dignity...Paul, Stephen, John and many, many others, I wonder if I can ever even begin to attain what I feel I am called to attain. As I crawl under my quilt this afternoon for a nap, I will praise God that I don't have to reach perfection, that He knows what I am able to endure and that He will help me every step of the way. I am also thankful that He has cared for me, that I live in a country where I can receive such excellent medical attention, and that I made it through!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Yea!!! Becky, you are back!!! Welcome back into the blogosphere world! We have missed you something awful!

4:40 p.m.  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

OH! Yes welcome back Becky! You're in my prayers sis.

12:18 a.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Hi Becky!

Hope you're feeling better. Have a read of Psalm 10...I read that today.

God may not seem to be there when you are down - but he is! Hang on.

5:49 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I feel that way sometimes too, but the "footprints" poes applys (you know it right?)here and something I've learned is that when things SEEM to get worse, the BEST is right around the corner!!! I'll give a testimony about that sometime, it's long.

8:55 a.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Becky, I'm so glad you are on the mend. Being sick, especially with a child, is enough to make you lose faith! But God is faithful.

1:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that learning to live in grace is a life long journey. Or at least it seems to me that most of the people I meet that seem to exude grace, have been walking and talking with the Lord for a very long time. But I also realize that I need to realize it in my own life. I need to grasp hold and never let go of it (or Him). Now onto a completely different side track . . . . did you catch Amazing Race and Survivor this week??? (now you see my less than spiritual side - oh my! :0)

8:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home