Monday, April 25, 2005

There's Joy In The Morning

I started my day with tears, following a phone conversation with my husband. As I reflected later on what had transpired, the thought that "Joy comes in the morning" flitted across my mind and I snorted a sarcastic laugh. "where's my joy in the morning," I questioned? And as clear as a bell, as if you and I were having this conversation, the voice of my Father said, "I promised to be your Joy in the morning, I didn't promise your husband or your life would be." It felt like a slap. I sat up straight in my chair and choked back a sorry tear. Of course! The Joy of the Lord is my strength! When all about me is sadness and struggle, the fact that I can still find Joy in the Lord is where I draw my strength from. It's my secret weapon! I've always taken that verse to mean that in the morning, my troubles will be gone. For me, it means that even if I rise to a grey, misty morning shrouded in hardship and pain, I can still have Joy because of Jesus and the sun will be shining and all will be well with my soul! When I slip under my quilt tonight, I will ask my Father to prepare me for the morning, filling me with wisdom and understanding so I can know that no matter what, I have joy in Him. I will ask Him to help me rise with strength and power through the working of the Holy Spirit in my heart. I will ask Him to fill me from head to toe with His joy.

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but joy comes in the morning. ~ Psalm 30:5

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. ~ Psalm 143:8

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, I really love the word "joy." (OK, for one it's my mom's name) But it's just a great word with a great meaning.

And the key is knowing the difference between joy and "happiness." B/C, as we know, they're not one in the same.

I'm so grateful that He allows us joy in our lives - that underlying sense of trust and confidence that comes from Him residing in our hearts. We can be unhappy and things may not be "going our way," but we can still have joy.

Thanks, Becky, for your uplifting and encouraging post today!!!

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home