Sunday, April 17, 2005

Already Watching The Sunrise!

It's difficult, in the midst of the storm, in the dark of the night, not to long for the peaceful dawn of a better day. I truly believe that there is something wonderful waiting for me on the other side of this sorrow and I'm anxious to know what it is! My eyes are constantly scanning the horizon in hope of catching the first rays of healing and rescue. Will it be today? Will this be the day I see God's hand at work in my life? Is today my miracle day? And then I stop short and realize that every day of this struggle I have seen the first rays of healing and rescue. Every day I already see God's hand at work. Every day is already my miracle day. God has promised that He is already at work in this to perfect my faith and use this present struggle for my gain.

And He promises that I will be victorious and not defeated!

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Cor. 4:8,9

And then He promises to be with me in the darkness, in the storm:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

And He promises to give me everything I need to make it through:

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

So my dawning has already come, my miracle is here, the first rays of healing and rescue are already spilling across my face as I look into the sunrise of my life and anticipate what the day will bring. And I will crawl under my quilt and know, without a shadow of a doubt, that there is no darkness in Jesus, that the light lives within my very soul and nothing can dim it or snuff it out. In Jesus, we live in the sunrise and there is always peace no matter the storm that rages about us.



5 Comments:

Blogger pete porter said...

Sister Becky,
This is beautiful, I love the description of faith in "We are hard pressed...". That's the walk of faith. And you are well on your way to the fullness of God's blessings.
Pete

7:21 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Becky, you have been such a blessing to me! Your faith is so strong, even when things are bad. God is going to honor that and I have no doubt that He is about to amaze you. Thanks for always being an encouragement to me.

5:43 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

You are doing GREAT girl! It's great that we all go through different things at different times and we can encourage one-another. You encourage me!

12:04 p.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

I enjoy your blog enough that I've added a link on my site. Check out mine. I'm a fellow Canandian from Ontario. Keep up the great writing and keep looking to Jesus, the Pioneer and Perfecter of our faith.

3:39 a.m.  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Becky: Thanks for your guess/note on my blog. The answer was a good guess but not the right one. I'll give you a hint. There was a TV program starring Raymond Burr with a one-word title. The title was the same as this preacher/writer's last name. Does that help? Thanks for visiting my site! I hope you come back soon. In His love, David

5:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home