Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Have Faith Little One

Over and over again this week, I am struck with the idea that my life, as it is right now, in this awful moment, in this sorrow, in this pain, I am blessed beyond my understanding. God is calling me. He is drawing me to Himself in a way that ease and comfort and joy and success have never been able to draw me. I know, in my hurting soul that I am meant to know God like I have never known Him before. I am to finally understand that I may never know why. It has always been my greatest struggle in my faith, wanting to know why God has allowed pain. Why wasn't He there? Why didn't He rescue? Why didn't He restore? Why didn't He steady the foot, stop the car, close the door, interrupt, help, save? Why...why...why? And His voice is saying to me this week, "You don't need to know why. You need to believe and trust that I have a plan that is right and good. I hold the universe in My hand and I hold your life with equal strength and care and power. I have it planned down to the minute, down to the second, to the smallest detail. You must have faith little one. I will use it all for your good. I promise. I PROMISE." And He is telling me that nothing will render me refined, polished, golden and pure as much as the fire. If I can withstand and endure, there is something beautiful waiting for me on the other side of this sorrow. On the other side of all the sorrows of my life. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will stop asking why and instead, ready myself for more refining and more polishing because ultimately, I want to shine for Him as purest gold!

3 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

Amen sis! I do see the Lord turning up the fire to reveal the display of His splendor. Remember the scripture: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I learned something about that. Back then, people walked many times with bare feet and in the dark with no city lights, you could not see your hand in front of your face. A lamp would light just far enough ahead to keep you from stepping on a snake. God has the big picture and gives us just enough information to keep us on the path. One day, we will look back and see the whole map: oh that's what you were doing Lord, Thank YOU!

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That was great insight Teresa. I'd never heard that before. Becky, you are still in my prayers as I know I' am in yours. God bless you.

6:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and great insight, Becky.

It is most definitely a faith journey.

My husband lives in chronic back pain - degenerative disk disease and 2 cervical disk surgeries. Anyway, he has told me so many times - some people God chooses to heal, some He chooses to develop. He has not been healed, but God is developing him to be sure. In whatever our circumstances, I believe God's desire is for us to hunt Him out. To press into Him -as though our life depended on it. Which it does!

Praying for you.

7:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home