Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Interview

Gayla, over at Journey Of The Heart interviewed me and here are her questions and my answers.

1. What's your favorite holiday tradition & what meaning does it have for you?

~ My favorite holiday tradition happens at every celebration. As a family, we take turns hosting the major events (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter). Whoever hosts, makes placecards for everyone at the table. However, they are rarely cards. We've decorated candles & put everyone's name on their own personal candle, we've carved mini pumpkins, we've written on fall leaves and carved on wood. Every holiday meal seems to get more and more creative. My nieces and nephew love to participate and it's always a blast to arrive at the host house and see how the table is decorated. As far as meaning...I just love the creativity and the effort we all go through to make our times together special and memorable. When I see the table decorated and look at my little hand-made placecard, I see love and family.

2. If you could change one thing about your personality, how would you be different?

~ That's an easy one. I'd be more patient! I hate to be late, hate to wait and get very irritated at things that move slowly. "Give me patience Lord, but hurry!" is a favorite quote of mine.

3. If you won a million dollars in the lottery, how would you spend it?

~ I've practiced this answer many, many times. Of course there would be the practical stuff that I won't bore you with like giving some to family and charity and paying off the bills. Then, I'd head for the South Pacific, find a hut and scuba dive for about a year. After I came up for air, I'd probably head home and start a business. A million bucks doesn't go very far these days.

4. What brings a tear to your eye?

~ Just about everything these days! But mostly, when I think about how much I love my son.

5. If God decided to visit the planet right now, what do you think He would say or do?

~ I still love you! Then He'd open His arms wide and hug us all as He wiped away a tear that ran down His cheek.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooo Becky, I love your answers! Thanks for taking the time out to "play."

What a creative placecard tradition, especially all the autumn ideas. I see a lot of love in it too!

We're kindred spirits on the patience thing. I'm the worst at waiting, too. Lines, traffic - you name it.

And I know what you mean about your son, as I have one too.

I love your answer about God. I've heard it put this way from a great teacher: If you sat down across from God, what would he say to you? And the answers he most often got from (mostly) young people were things like, "I'm really disappointed in you." OR "How could you have done _______?" whatever - fill in the blank.

Perceptions of God that were inaccurate, like He wasn't loving and His main goal was to judge.

But I'm with you - He loves us and would run to us, I believe. Much like the father in the prodigal son story!

11:53 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I really like your holiday traditions! Sounds very cool!

12:02 p.m.  
Blogger daisymarie said...

I need greater patience also. I'm a horrible product of my instant society.

How special everyone must feel at your family gatherings! It really shows the valuing and caring to put so much effort into "place cards!"

blessings!

2:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home