Saturday, February 26, 2005

To My Father

Dear Father,
First of all, thank you for the beauty in nature that surrounded me on all sides today. The sun was warm and healing. The sky was the most amazing baby-boy blue. The air had that fresh crisp smell of winter on the verge of leaping into spring. My son smiled at me endlessly today. My husband and I laughed and got full to the brim on Sushi that floated around the restaurant on little boats. It is a wonder to me that you have allowed me to live here, in this place at this time in history. I live in astonishing comfort and sublime peace in comparison to many on this earth and I know I did nothing to deserve it.

Secondly, thank you for this blog space...a place where I can chronicle my journey and share my faith and be healed. Thank you that I have the capacity to write and learn and navigate around a computer. Thank you for each brother and sister I have encountered here and bless them all as they travel the roads you have set them on. Keep them in your care: LJ, Teresa, Lionfish, Tod, Claire, Marisa, Kel, Magvou, Adison, David and many others.

As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will thank you that you are everywhere in my life. That even if I wanted to, I cannot escape your love. Thank you that you are in my waking, my sleeping, my laughter, and my weeping! I love you Father.

4 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

WE are blessed to have YOU!

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Thank you for willing to 'jump into' the fray! :) I'm so glad I found your site! May the Lord RICHLY bless you today!

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger Kel said...

Father, thank you for the blessings of blogpals. We challenge each other to think outside our own square, and appreciate others point of view, we laugh, cry and blog together. You are truly in this space and it is Holy.

12:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I love and pray for you too Sister.

2:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home