Monday, February 28, 2005

Stuff About Me

I've been very anonymous on this blog so far and tonight, I feel that I have made some friends here and I would like to share just a small bit about myself. Read on if you're interested, if not, no worries.

As a first time Mom of 41, life pretty much revolves around my little wonder. However, there are many more parts that make up the whole. Here are just a few:

~ I'm a preachers kid. We're a strange breed. Faith was a part of life, as much as toast for breakfast and brothers that teased. That's why, I left it all behind in my 30's. I needed to lose it and then find it again in order to make it my own. I didn't want to inherit my faith from my parents. I wanted to choose it for myself because I was convinced of what I believe. I did find it again and it means more to me than anything else in the world.

~ I love to scuba dive, that you already know. My favorite thing in the ocean is handsdown, the octopus. They are amazing creatures, as intelligent as dogs and so beautiful. If I believed in reincarnation, I would want to come back as an octopus, far away from the sushi restaurants.

~ I spent 3 years in University but did not finish. I am considering going back in September to complete my teaching degree.

~ I'm a dog person. One hundred percent. I have a Lhasa Apso that I love dearly. I'm allergic to cats.

~ I have 3 brothers. Yikes. That's why I wanted a son...I understand boys, I don't always understand girls.

~ I love to watch Survivor, Amazing Race and West Wing. That's about it for T.V.

~ I love to go to movies alone. Especially romantic comedies.

~ My husband proposed to me at the bottom of the ocean at about 65 ft. He gave me a treasure map that led to my beautiful diamond ring. I said yes.

~ I love chocolate, fresh bread, mandarin oranges, green grapes, popsicles, Greek Salad with extra Feta Cheese.

~ I hate egg whites, walnuts, beets, brussel sprouts and liver (but love liver pate. Go figure)

~ I dream of owning a dive shop in Turks & Caicos someday with my husband.

~ I love boats.

Thank you for reading. I have enjoyed doing this blog. It has been a part of the healing that is happening in my life. God is here in this space. He has met me here. Isn't that amazing? He is not bound by rules or tradition. He is current and willing to use whatever it takes to have a deeper relationship with us. As I crawl under my quilt tonight I will think about this blogging experience and feel grateful that God loves me enough to never let me go, and I anxiously await the miracle He has prepared for me. Blessings on you all. Good night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so happy to learn more about you! I, too, left my faith behind when I left home. But God came looking for me, and found me. Your husband's proposal would be awfully hard to top! I'd say he's a keeper.

5:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing more of who Chin's Up is. You're a wonderful, creative, adventuresome spirit who reflects beautifully reflects a wonderful, creative, adventuresome God.

Tonight - a new Amazing Race - can you stand it???!!! :-)

8:31 a.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, thank you so much for sharing more about yourself. It has been nice getting to know you more!

No, I haven't had time to do the clock yet. I don't know if I will. We'll see.

I PTL that you made Him "your own!"

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger Kel said...

I'm a PK too!
And I started a teaching degree and didn't finish it.
I love to go to movies on my own. Beats me why people think its so weird. After all you sit there in silence for 2 hours anyhow, so what's the big deal.
thanks for sharing, cos now I know we have some things in common other than being bloggers.

9:13 p.m.  
Blogger Lionfish said...

Thanks for sharing that stuff...yes finish your teaching degree! I reckon education is great.

5:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home