Friday, March 11, 2005

I See Him In The Thunder

Job 37:5 ~ God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things
beyond our understanding.
When I read that verse out loud, I get the chills. The feelings created by the author's words are awe, wonder, humility, hope and a sense of great peace that it's okay that I don't understand the why's of life. He is in charge and is doing great things for me, marvelous things. I have always loved the thunder. It has always filled me with a sense of wonderment at the power and majesty of nature and the Creator. I like to feel a little afraid when it rumbles so loud the house shakes. That little bit of fear makes me feel alive. I love the intensity of thunder. The undeniable force of it. There is no power on earth great enough to stop it. And so, to ascribe the characteristics of thunder to God brings me the same peace, knowing that there is no power on earth or 'beneath the earth' that can stop God's plan for me or can alter the course He has set me on. Knowing that releases me from fear and doubt and the pressure to understand and know what is happening. That is especially comforting when I can't understand! As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will let go of my striving to understand. I will give my life and its details over to the God who does great things beyond my understanding!

1 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

Your writing always amazes me! It is just so beautifully poetic. I too have always loved the thunder, but you and that picture made it more real. El Shaddi!

8:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home