Monday, February 21, 2005

My Mind, Stayed On Thee

There are many noises in this world that can easily drown out the Fathers voice if we are not vigilant and focused on Him. For me, those noises cry out that I have no hope, that I am not worthy, that I have failed. They fill my ears with doubt and fear. But the voice of Christ, the quiet voice of love, is always there guarding my mind and heart and filling me with peace. Like the bright beacon of a lighthouse, when I am tossing about on a dark and stormy sea, I must point my bow towards the light that is Christ and head for the safety of home. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will listen for that still, small voice that gives me such comfort and sleep in peace.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Philipians 4:7

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. ~ Isaiah 26:3

3 Comments:

Blogger pete porter said...

Chins Up,
I can think of no better way to live. The choice of resting in the Lord is the balm to troubled times.
Be Blessed,
Pete

9:22 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

You hit the nail on the head when you said "Choice" Pete. And that's what this blog helps me to do...choose everyday to trust in His plan and purpose.

11:33 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I needed that! Thanks to you and the Lord.

6:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home