Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Why I Smile Every Morning

There is something so beautiful about a baby when they've just woken up in the morning. My favourite part of the day is going into his room and picking him up out of his crib. I kiss him all over and call him embarrassing names like sugarbear and sweet angel face and honeybunny. He doesn't seem to mind (yet) and so I'll seize the opportunity now and enjoy it for all its worth. He kisses with his mouth wide open and babbles silly things as I change his diaper. I bend down and blow bubbles on his belly and he squeals. For the rest of the day, there are great moments and whinney, fussy moments and laughter and crying. But nothing compares to the mornings. As I crawl under my quilt tonight I will thank my Father for this amazing gift and I will promise to do my best to be a godly mother and bring up my little boy to be a godly man. In the midst of pain, my son gives me a reason to smile each and every morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

He is so Precious! How true, upon awakening they are so FULL of life! I have such wonderful memories of our son. And, I will share with you that even when he was 14 yrs. old and almost 6' tall, this young man of man still would get in my lap, if I was in the rocking chair and hug me! :) That made this mother's heart just about pop!

8:33 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

Enjoy!

4:22 p.m.  
Blogger Magvou said...

I'm 40 weeks pregnant. Due TODAY and so ready to have what you described with your son. Thank you for that. I've been a little emotional and frustrated tonight since I thought I was in early labor and wanted it to just progress and get over with already. I have been trying to force the issue with the baby and God and my body all week long, wanting him to be early. Then today, on my due date, I was actually ready to accept that he might be late...until...the labor pains began and now they have subdued and WOW am I an emotional wreck. Back to giving it up to God. Let's see how long that lasts. At least my husband is understanding. And I have those mornings like you described to keep me focused on the future, life finally with my precious newborn son. (I'm a friend of Pilot Mom by the way, that's how I heard about your blog) Blessings.

10:40 p.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Good morning Magvou...are you home or in the hospital? How exciting. I wish I was back in your place. How I would love to experience those moments of anticipation and wonder all over again! Even in the midst of the pain, savour the senses and imprint them in you mind so you can recall them all later. That sounds a bit strange and no one ever talks about pain that way, but it is all part of the incredible miracle of birth and I look back on it all with such awe. I'll be praying for you and look forward to hearing about your precious little bundle. I truly believe that during childbirth, your room will be full of angels waiting to sing your little one into being because they know that Mommy loves Jesus and so will this little Matthew be one of His. Your mornings, like mine will never be the same! Hugs for the soon to be Mommy,
Becky (Chins Up)

7:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home