Thursday, February 17, 2005

Survivor Palau

Wow...what a sad beginning. I hate seeing anyone singled out, especially because they're different. Poor Wanda. Okay, granted, after one chorus of her song I wanted to gag her but at least let her spend more than 10 minutes on the beach. I get really tired of the 'beautiful' people claiming some kind of divine right to be on top. I wasn't always picked last for the team in school, but I was never picked first (unless I was the captain). I always felt sick to my stomach as it got near the end and the 'misfits' squirmed and shifted from one foot to the other as they tried to look like they couldn't care less. I wanted to scream at the teacher and say, "why don't you just pick two teams you insensitive jock knuckle-head!" Okay, now if you happen to be a jock and are reading this, I am sure that you are not an insensitive jock knuckle-head. However, my gym teacher's all were. That being said (my first real rant on this blog) I enjoyed the first episode and already have my favourites...Ian, Tom, Janu and Caryn. It's liable to change as the season goes on. Anyways, this was just a little reprieve from my usual blog. I know I needed the break and so might any of you who read this. I'm not always blue...I'm just stuck in a blue moment. By nature, I have lots of positive things to talk about. As I crawl under my quilt tonight I will be thankful that God does not line us up and choose teams. He loves us all equally, we are all beautiful in His eyes, and anyone who wants to be on His team is welcome to come on over! Praise God!!

2 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

I felt the same thing watching that. I was always the smallest and not the best at sports, so I was often picked last. It is a horrible feeling being left standing there and it sticks with you. This was my 1st night watching this one so I have not learned everyone's personalities, but I believe that they made a mistake letting Jolanda go. Yes she was bossy...but they needed her strength and leadership. We'll see how it plays out.

8:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I loved you for an extra special reason - I'm a Survivor fan too (as is my hubby - one of the rare shows we both like to watch). I didn't like the team picking thing though. I was always the last one picked for a team in school and it always hurt. I KNEW, however, that that songstress wasn't going to stay for long anyway. I don't think she watched many past seasons to know that you don't cause attention right away, and you definitely don't sing your own show tunes. I am glad that the teams didn't automatically go for the young bloods. That would make for very boring television. The older folk have my vote already. I also have a few picks that have got to go. We'll see at the season plays out. Blessings - LJ

9:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home