Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Cruelty of Indifference

I can deal with anger, harsh words, even unkindness, but I find it so hard to deal with indifference. The recipient of indifference is left hanging, mid-air with nothing to grasp, nothing to hold on to, nowhere to go. There is no appropriate response to indifference, no right words to say. If I could colour it, I would colour it grey. No, I would give it no colour at all, because that is what it is. Nothingness. Blank. Empty. Void of emotion. It is the cruelest response to any situation because it imparts to others, such a feeling of worthlessness. It leaves a vague sense that you don't exist, like you are speaking but no sound is coming out of your mouth. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will ask my Father to protect me from indifference, to give me the strength to face it with courage, and to never be guilty of indifference myself. I am so thankful Father you are not indifferent to our suffering, to our prayers, to our crys for help. I am so thankful that you are the opposite of indifference. You are concern, You are care, sympathy, response. You are love! And love is the only answer to indifference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home