Sunday, February 06, 2005

For The Love Of My Son

I have a beautiful son. He is the light of my life and the reason that I still smile. I can't imagine an existence without him. He didn't make an easy entrance into this world, but 30 hours of labour and a C-section later, there he was. He took my breath away! He was so gorgeous, nurses from other areas of the hospital came to look at him. I have often wondered since that day if I would be a good mother. The responsibility of raising a good 'man' weighs heavily on my mind at times and makes me toss and turn at night. I want him to be strong but gentle, smart yet still fun, cautious but adventurous. I want him to be confident and not afraid to go for it! Most of all, I want him to have a life surrounded by love and full of the love of Christ. It's a good thing that I don't have to accomplish all of that on my own. I'm so glad my Father will be helping me along the way. As I crawl under my quilt, I will thank God for my beautiful son and commit his life into God's capable hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home