Thursday, February 03, 2005

I Dream Of Tonga

I have wanted to go to Tonga for at least 20 years. I'm not sure exactly how I became 'obsessed' with that tiny Island nation but I did. The dream has faded over the past while as the 'realities' of life pushed it to the back of my mind. And then, last night, as if God wanted to remind me to dream again, I met a woman I had never met before who grow up in Tonga! We talked all about her life there and she was surprised at how much I knew about the country. When I left at the end of the evening, I had a little bounce in my step that has been missing as of late. My dream of Tonga had been rekindled and that small flicker of hope that one day I would realize my dreams and laugh again and love again. If anyone knows of anyone who blogs from Tonga, please make sure you pass me on! As I crawl under my quilt tonight I will dream of my 'soul-mates' in Tonga and picture myself strolling along the beach, the warm South Pacific waters lapping around my toes. I will ask the Father to give me a night without worry and instead fill my sleeping mind with beautiful images of my 'happy place'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home