Monday, January 31, 2005

Finding God At The Beach

Today I went to the beach. I decided it was time to go to the place where I am most at peace with myself, God and my life...the ocean. There is something profoundly comforting in the constancy of the tides and the smell of the salt water and the feel of the ocean breeze on my face. It reminds me that God is like the ocean, always present, constant and mighty, deep and unfathomable yet soothing and gentle as it washes against my feet. I have always found my peace there. I feel incredibly small next to the vastness of the sea and yet somehow stronger and more sturdy as I stand in its presence. I love the ocean and everything in it. I love God and everything he is. I have a healthy fear and respect of the ocean. I have a trusting fear and respect of the awesome power that is my Father. As I crawl under my quilt tonight I will remember the ocean and God and will fall asleep confident in knowing that He who can control the mighty waves and the endless tides can control the waves of life that are crashing around me and I will find my peace in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home