Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Let Go...Let God

It's so tough to let go...so hard to not have control. I've been trying so hard to 'fix' things and quite frankly, I'm exhausted by my efforts. And so last night, I decided it was time to let it all go. Instead of praying a prayer of panic and requests for how I think things should be done, I packed everything up in a suitcase and carried it to the foot of the cross. Getting there wasn't so tough but laying that suitcase down was incredibly difficult. I returned a number of times before I fell asleep to try and pick it up again but with The Father's help I turned my back and walked away. And I did not return today! I feel lighter, more at peace today than I have in months. If you have burdens that are just too heavy to bear, if you have tried everything else and nothing is working, try taking your baggage to the cross and experience the freedom that comes with letting go and letting God! Have an awesome sleep!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lionfish said...

Rest easy :-)

6:26 a.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Thanks Lionfish...I'll do just that. :-)

8:10 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home