Thursday, March 24, 2005

Philippians 1:19 ~ "Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance."

Right now, right in the middle of the thing that "has happened to me" it is hard to imagine that it will turn out for my deliverance. That any good can come of it at all. How can betrayal, hurt, disappointment and abandonment work for my good? And yet, God promises that it will.

Romans 8:28 ~ And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, those who are called according to His purpose.

How do I rest in that promise? How do I claim that promise? How do I believe that promise to be true? Philippians 1:19 says that your prayers and the help of the Holy Spirit will accomplish what I need. You have all played a part in the healing that I have already received and the strength that is growing in me day by day. You have touched my life from all corners of this planet. And so, I want to thank each of you for your prayers. I believe, more and more, that this will turn out for my good, and more importantly, for the glory of Christ! As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will thank God for you and trust in His plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pilot Mom said...

Becky, it is OUR privilege to be able to lift you and your husband up before His throne of grace!

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

God has given you these troubles so that you may bless others with what you have learned. You constantly bless me with your strength and perseverance. And it will work out for good--God's good. Bless your EASTER!

5:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home