Saturday, March 19, 2005

It's Okay To Be Angry...Right?

Today, I felt angry...at God. I felt let down, disappointed, unfairly treated, unloved. I'm pretty sure, that I have no right to be angry at the Creator of the Universe. It's a bit like an ant, having just been flicked off the watermelon, shouting up at the owner of the picnic basket. But I shouted up at Him none-the-less and called Him cruel and unkind. Can you imagine? Perhaps you can. Of course, my spirit knows this to NOT be true. I know that God, by His own words, cannot be cruel and unkind to His child. I know, of course, that the 'owner of this picnic basket' loves this 'little ant'. But oh! How life hurts some days. And no matter how much I believe (and I do!), or how hard I try (and I've tried!) I have days when I am holding on to my faith by sheer will power alone! And I believe that it is okay to let God know exactly how I feel. He knows anyways. As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will remind God that I am just a wee ant and I need to be encouraged and I need to know Him in more tangible ways. And then, I will give up trying to know and just believe that "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11 And I will rest in that promise, trust the shepherd and fall asleep.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first thought was "Be angry and do not sin. (Eph 4:26)

I believe God can handle our anger; He's certainly bigger than our anger, to be sure! You are a daughter of the King. He made you an emotional human being, but as long as you don't rely on and act upon those emotions(it doesn't sound like you do), then there's no sin.

God is gracious and loving and merciful to us ants! (I love your picnic analogy!) I'm glad that you worked through the emotion...with Him.

12:13 p.m.  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Hey Gayla...thank you for your honesty. I woke up this morning and asked God to forgive me for my anger. But I must say, that I felt better for venting it rather than holding it inside and having it come out in other ways. Blogging how I truly feel really does help me work through those difficult emtions. By the time I actually do crawl under my quilt, I feel much, much more at peace with God and myself for having 'written' it down. I feel sometimes that my blog is so personal and so up and down that people must tire of reading it. Thank you for hanging in with me as I loop around this crazy roller coaster called life!

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger Pilot Mom said...

So, glad to finally see another post, Becky! I was beginning to get a little worried. Personally, I think the very best person to vent to when one is angry is God Himself. You are right, He already knows, and if you try to hide it, then you are being less than honest. Besides, He is the only one who can handle it, knowing exactly what you need.

12:37 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I agree with Pilot Mom. Even Jesus, when he was on the cross, asked "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

6:24 a.m.  
Blogger IMO said...

I'm sorry I have not been by for awhile. I was angry at God. Pilot mom is right. All through the Bible, people get angry and cry out to God. He knows how we feel. He wants us to share it with him. He knows that I love him, and he knows that I don't have anyone else to be angry at--it's either him or me!

7:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home