Friday, January 14, 2005

True Love

It's one of the most quoted passages of the bible...but how willing am I to completely follow what it says.
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love NEVER ENDS!

Wow...That's tough to do, especially when things have not gone like I planned. But all of this is a choice I must make based on commitment which is lasting, not on feelings which are fleeting. And so I choose to obey Christ and to hope and believe and endure. I choose to love with kindness and patience. I choose to wait for God's answer and until then...love with all my heart and with everything I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home