Saturday, January 15, 2005

Never Alone

Ps. 34:7 ~ The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
Hebrews 1:14 ~ Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Nights are by far the hardest for me in this time of sadness and uncertainty. I've often asked God to give me just a quick glimpse of those that are encamped around me. "Just once Father, let me know without a doubt that you are really with me, not just in Spirit but physically present." It's never happened. My Mother, during a very traumatic time in her life, awoke to see a man sitting at the end of her bed. She wasn't afraid but felt a strange sense of peace and calmly went back to sleep. My Grandmother experienced something similar just after my Grandfather died. I wonder why I can't see an angel? Perhaps I haven't learned to trust Him fully, the way He wants me to. Perhaps my "Faith without sight" needs to be sharpened. Perhaps I will never 'see' the physical presence of God until I reach heaven. But when I'm alone at night and the darkness seems vast and lonely all around me, I just wish I could feel the brush of an Angel's hand on mine, feel a warm arm around my shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home