Monday, March 14, 2005

My Head Never Goes Under

Isaiah 43:2 ~ "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you."

The promise of protection in the midst of trials is a comfort beyond words. God does not tell us that we will escape the waters, but that He will be there, standing right in the middle of the torrent with us. He stands strong, feet planted firmly on solid rock beneath the water. His hand holds mine tightly as the currents swirl madly around me. And though the water rises up and encircles my shoulders, my head never goes under. Praise God that He included 'Emmanuel' as one of His names. God with us! As I crawl under my quilt tonight, I will utter my humble thanks that He has not allowed my head to slip beneath the surface. I am worthy of drowning. But at the same time, because of Christ's blood, I am worthy of saving! Hallelujah! And most importantly, I will thank Him for allowing me to stand shoulder deep in the river for it is here, that I have met Him face to face and have realized His amazing grace and love for me! Let go the floodgates! I'm ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home